Instructions for Volunteers
Hemet Unified School District Preschool Programs are delighted that you are considering becoming a Preschool parent volunteer. We strive to support all our students and to deliver the very best education. A vital piece of that support is our parent volunteers.
Below are the steps you need to take to become a volunteer with Hemet Unified School District.
- ALL volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application Form. These are available from the Preschool Volunteer Coordinator or on our website at preschool.hemetusd.org. (HUSD employees will be required to complete the application and provide a valid Driver’s License).
- If you are a NEW volunteer, you will need to go to Hemet USD Health Services and complete a TB Questionnaire. If you are a RETURNING volunteer, you should already have the results of your TB clearance on file at the school site. TB clearances are good for four years.
- Return completed volunteer application form and TB clearance to the preschool office at which time you will be given a Livescan form and be scheduled for a fingerprint appointment.
- If you want to volunteer for Preschool you will also need to have fingerprint clearance with the California Department of Justice and FBI. Fingerprints remain on file until you are no longer interested in volunteering at Hemet Unified. Fingerprint clearances from other agencies are NOT acceptable for our use at Hemet Unified.
- If you need to be fingerprinted you will need to bring a Livescan form (obtain from the Preschool Parent Volunteer Coordinator, current photo identification and payment (unless your school site is picking up the cost, in which case you need to bring a charge slip provided by the preschool) to your fingerprint appointment.
- Once fingerprinting is complete, return a copy of the Livescan form to the receptionist at the District Office, and a second copy to Preschool Volunteer Coordinator.
- You will also need to complete our Preschool Volunteer Orientation.
- The Preschool Volunteer Coordinator will notify your child's teacher when your fingerprints have cleared.